- In Fond de France, the marked foothpath starts behind the hotel of Les Sept Laux.
- After 10 mn, the trail crosses a bridge, turns left and snakes up through the woods.
- After 1 hour and thirty minutes, the trail reaches a junction, just before the forest boarder : 2 paths are going up to the "lac noir" : on the left, the trail "chemin des 2 ruisseaux",
and on the right, the trail "chalet du Gleysin and cul de la vieille".
- You will reach the first lake, the "lac noir", after 3 hours, or 3h30mn.
Following the riverbank, the trail reaches the "lac carré". It crosses the
dam, follows the lake and crosses the bridge to the "lac de la Motte", 2133m.
- Then the trail follows the biggest lake : the "lac de Cottepens" and it
reaches the Cos lake's dam.
- It crosses it and follows the right bank of the lake to the pass,
"le col des Sept Laux", 2184 m, after 4 hours and 15 minutes.
- If you have got enough energy, you can go down to the 2 other very beautiful lakes of "La Corne" and "La Sagne".